by Lynette Eason @LynetteEason
Hi sweet writer friends! I’m just popping in to ask if you written two or three or fifty books. Do you consider yourself and advanced writer? But for more importantly, for the purpose of this adventure, do others consider you an advanced writer? If so, we’d love to have you join our retreat within a conference.
What we’re offering you:
- Join other advanced brainstorming authors in daily sessions to get feedback on your WIP. If you need plotting, characterization, backstory, ideas…we have them all! All you have to do is sign up to come get them!
- You don’t have to worry about preparing to teach! How lovely is that?
- Here’s a big one. You get to network with top industry professionals who will be there and are looking forward to hearing what you have to pitch, discuss current trends, or whatever it is you need at this point in your career.
- There will be an advanced track with advanced-only classes. Most conferences are geared to help the budding writer, but this year, this conference, is special. You will have classes specifically designed for the advanced writer. How awesome is that? And they are there only if you want to attend. If not, you can certainly use that time to make progress on your story.
- Your schedule is flexible. You make this retreat meet your needs. You have the option of brainstorming in the morning and writing in the afternoon. Or writing in the morning and advanced workshops in the afternoon (or you can even attend the regular classes in the afternoon). Just because the advanced classes are offered doesn’t mean you must attend those. ALL of the classes are available to you.
- Here’s my favorite reason to attend: No meal planning! (I’m only kidding a little bit on that one.) Meals for all appetites are available. They are also very allergy friendly. I, personally, eat Gluten Free and I’ve never had a problem eating in this cafeteria. There are also vegan, vegetarian, and dairy free options.
- Have you ever been to the Blue Ridge Mountains? If not, you’re missing some seriously good views. It’s absolutely gorgeous at 2,500 feet elevation. Not too high that you might suffer altitude problems, but high enough to be amazed at the gorgeousness.
Who Can Sign Up
As we said, this is for advanced writers only. This means the writers who qualify must have at least 2 books published. If the books are with a traditional publisher, that’s all we need to know. If they’re self-published, the author will need to be approved. Here are the definitions and the requirements.
To qualify as a traditionally published author, the author must not have participated financially in the production or distribution of their book, including any requirement to buy a certain number of books from their publisher.
An author is considered as independently published author or published by a company where the author paid any publishing costs, including, but not limited to, printing, artwork, distribution, or the requirement to buy books, then you must apply to be included.
To qualify, the author must submit screen shots from online retailers reflecting evidence of a combined total of at least $4000 in earnings for the author for a single novel during a 12-month period. Results for the paper and electronic versions of the book may be combined to reach this total. Please attach screen shots from online retailers reflecting evidence of a combined total of at least $4000 in earnings for the author for a single novel during a 12-month period. Results for the paper and electronic versions of the book may be combined to reach this total.
Decisions regarding inclusion in this retreat will be made by an oversight committee after careful consideration of the material submitted. All decisions are final.
How to Sign Up
Email me, Lynette Eason, lynnetteEason (at) gmail (dot) com and let me know you have registered or are registering for the conference and wish to be included.
So! If this sounds like something you’d like to do, please sign up and come join us. We’d love to see you!
Lynette Eason is the best selling, award winning author of the Women of Justice Series and the Deadly Reunions series. Since 2007, she has written/contracted thirty-six books. Currently, she writes for Revell and Harlequin’s Love Inspired Suspense line. Her books have appeared on the CBA and ECPA bestseller lists. She has won several awards including the 2013 Carol Award for WHEN A HEART STOPS. Lynette teaches at writing conferences all over the country. She is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) and Romance Writers of America (RWA). Lynette can be found online at www.lynetteeason.com and www.facebook.com/lynette.eason and @lynetteeason on Twitter.