By DiAnn Mills @DiAnnMills
Like you, my time is limited. Hours are scheduled and I’m disciplined to reach various goals with my writing career. That means the blogs I frequent must fall into three categories:
- Instruct me about the craft of writing and challenged me to sharpen my skills.
- Show me how to work more effectively and efficiently with social media.
- Grow me spiritually so I never forget God is at the helm.
The following 11 blogs were my go-to sites in 2016, and I plan to continue in 2017. The professional writers helped me achieve my goals of improving improve every facet of my writing career.
- Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writers Conference – I’m prejudiced to this one. But for a great reason! All of use here are passionate about bringing excellence to writers. The varied topics are designed to help fiction and nonfiction writers as well as assist them in growing their brand.
- The Write Conversation – This site draws on years of experience with social media to train up successful writers/bloggers.The contributors share the same dedication about providing quality to the writing world.
- Novel Rocket – This site is chocked full of helpful information for the busy writer.
http://writerunboxed.com “about the craft and business of writing” I don’t need to say more except these blogs are at the top of the ladder of success.
- Live, Write, Thrive. Want to know how to write a great novel? It’s all right here.
- Social Media Examiner – This blog trains writers in social media in easy to understand language and videos. No matter my social media dilemma, I can find an answer on this prestigious site.
- Adobe Spark – My go-to app for memes, pics, and anything creative that I can add text. It’s remarkably easy. Use your own photos or one of their free-use ones. Explore the app.
- Mixtus Media – This blog targets social media for the writer. Period. Excellent.
- ProBlogger – taking bloggers beyond the serious level to outstanding writers.
- External Perspectives Ministry – Randy Alcorn addresses real life faith and real life questions. His writings encourage me to live for God and to better understand what faith means eternally.
- Faith. Hope. Coffee Break – Chris Tiegreen offers short daily devotions that pack a punch with spiritual insights.
What about you? What are your go-to blog sites to grow your writing career?
DiAnn Mills is a bestselling author who believes her readers should expect an adventure. Her titles have appeared on the CBA and ECPA bestseller lists; won two Christy Awards; and been finalists for the RITA, Daphne Du Maurier, Inspirational Readers’ Choice, and Carol award contests. Library Journal presented her with a Best Books 2014: Genre Fiction award in the Christian Fiction category for Firewall.
DiAnn is a founding board member of the American Christian Fiction Writers, a member of Advanced Writers and Speakers Association, Suspense Sister, and International Thriller Writers. She is co-director of The Blue Ridge Mountain Christian Writers Conference and The Author Roadmap with social media specialist Edie Melson. She teaches writing workshops around the country. DiAnn is active online and would love to connect with readers on any of the social media platforms listed at www.diannmills.com.